Snapchat unveiled a long-awaited new feature in July 2017. Users can now add a link to their snapchats with the touch of a button. This update is critical for brands and influencers looking to track user engagement with their snaps.
To add a link to your snap, simply follow these instructions:1. Snap a picture, and tap the paperclip on the right side.
2. Type in your URL, or paste it in from your clipboard.
3. A preview of your destination URL will load within the Snapchat App.
4. If you’re happy with your preview, go ahead and tap the blue “Attach to Snap” button at the bottom of your screen.
5. Send your snap as normal. Recipients will be able to load the link by swiping up on the screen.
- Keep in mind that links will always load inside Snapchat’s own browser, keeping users safely within the walls of the app.
- Use dynamic link routing to intelligently direct users to content based on their device type, country, language, etc.
- Use a different short URL inside each snap so that you can easily and accurately report on audience engagement.
As connecting the world via links becomes increasingly important, other social platforms are bound to follow suit. We expect that Instagram in particular will soon allow users to include short links in their posts and in their posts’ descriptions.